Mary Pat Meyers
Mary Pat brings with her over 30 years of experience in medical negligence and other personal injury litigation. Over the course of her legal career, she has assisted in recovering significant compensation for individuals and families harmed by the negligence and misconduct of others. Through this process, her hope is to provide those that are injured a voice, to zealously represent their interests, to help right a wrong, to make medicine better, to make products safer and to provide an environment to limit the harms inflicted.
Mary Pat’s commitment to justice began while earning her law degree when she worked with the Michigan Department of Labor’s Commission for Handicapper Concerns and the Commission for the Blind. After entering the practice, the Michigan Association for Justice featured her as Pacesetter, and she later served on their Executive Board. Mary Pat continues to garner the respect of clients and peers, as demonstrated by her repeat appearances on the list of Michigan Super Lawyers, DBusiness Magazine, ‘Influential Women in the Law’ designation in 2018- Michigan Lawyers Weekly and a consistent Martindale AV Preeminent Peer Rating. In August 2022, Ms. Meyers will receive the Outstanding Achievement Award from the Michigan State Bar Association-Negligence Section.
Dedicated to shaping the careers of up-and-coming attorneys and doctors, Ms. Meyers also participates in the University of Detroit Law School Chapter of the American Inns of Court as a Master of the Bench and was adjunct faculty for the Medical/Legal internship rotation at the Wayne State University School of Medicine.
Outside the office, Mary Pat tirelessly gives back to her community. She served as a founding board member of Impact100 Oakland County and as their president from 2017-2019. She has been active with Cranbrook Schools through her service on the Cranbrook Kingwood Board of Governors, the Schools’ Development and Education and Student Life Committees, as a mentor for the Cranbrook Horizons Upward Bound reading proficiency and leadership programs, and as a coach for the Boys Middle School cross-country and track teams. Currently Mary Pat is the President of Shades of Pink Foundation, a local non-profit providing financial assistance for everyday living expenses for those undergoing breast cancer treatment in SE Michigan. Ms. Meyers received a Proclamation from the Oakland County Board of Commissioners in October 2019 for her community service and recognition in her representation of several survivors in the MSU/Nassar/USAG litigation. Ms. Meyers was profiled in SEEN Magazine for the same.
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- WMU Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor
- Michigan State University, BS
- Michigan 1983
- Federal, Western District of Michigan 2018
- Federal, Eastern District of Michigan 1983
- Arizona (inactive) 2010-2019
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) –
- DBusiness “Top Lawyer”
- ‘Women in the Law’ Lawyers Weekly- Class of 2018
- AV Preeminent Lawyer (Martindale )
- Distinguished Volunteer, Cranbrook Schools HUB-2018
- YHS Athletic Hall of Fame-Inductee Class 2019
- Leaders in the Law -2020-
- Proclamation from the Oakland County Board of Commissioners- October 2019
- Profiled by SEEN Magazine -August 2019
- Coach of the Year Cranbrook Boys Middle School-2018
- Outstanding Achievement Award-State Bar of Michigan, Negligence Section August 2022
- Influential Women in the Law 2023 Honoree
Honoring women in the law who have made outstanding contributions to the practice of law in Michigan and set an example for other lawyers.
Memberships and Volunteer Experience:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Negligence Law and
- Master Lawyers Sections
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Executive Board – (1996-98)
- MAJ Women’s Caucus (2019-)
- Oakland County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court-Master of the Bench
- University of Detroit Law School Chapter-2016-present
- Cranbrook Kingswood Schools, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Board of Governors – (2009 to 2019)
- Chair, Development Committee – (2010-12)
- Chair, Education and Student Life Committee-(2017-2019)
- Coach cross country and track, Boys Middle School (2012-2019)
- HUB Horizons Upward Bound-Cranbrook Schools
- Leadership Mentor-(2012-2019)
- Reading Program Volunteer-(2012-2019)
- Development Committee and Supporter (2010-2019)
- Impact100 Oakland County (Women Together Changing Lives in Oakland County)
- President – (2017-2019)
- Vice President-(2015-2017)
- Founding Board Member-(2015-2019)
- Chair, Legal Committee (2015-2019)
- Chair, Grant Recipient Liaison (2015-2019)
- Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Volunteer Adjunct Faculty/Medical-Legal Internship Program-2019-2022
- President – Shades of Pink Foundation-2020-present.
Our mission: To reduce financial stress for those in SE Michigan undergoing breast cancer) treatment by providing prompt funding for daily living expenses.
- Sommers Schwartz P.C.- Sept 2019-June 2022
- Charfoos and Christensen P.C. -Jan 1988-Aug 2019
Royal Oak, MI